About the Lecture Series
The aim of this Lecture Series is to increase your entrepreneurial capacity by developing the strategic, personal and tactical skills needed to design and build a high growth venture. The Lecture Series takes you through of the process of transforming a new or established idea into a viable opportunity and securing needed resources to be in high growth position.
During this Lecture Series, particular emphasis is given to alignment of self to an opportunity, establishing an unfair competitive advantage, revenue model evolution, attracting the right team, intellectual property and legal strategies, market adoption and growth, ecosystem relationship management, deal structures and stakeholder pitching.
High growth entrepreneurship
Catalysing a community
New value creation
Signature psychological trait
Engaging ecosystem leaders
Art of wooing
What investors will not fund
15 attributes of an opportunity
Shifting to a position of strength
Assumptions that erode value
25 questions investors will ask
Scalable revenue models
The Lean Startup & BMC myth
Why you cannot 'do' a startup
Four stages of venture creation
What business you are really in
Types of revenue models
How to get to $50m valuation
Producing world class documents
Strategic teams who have done it
Personal teams who support it
Tactical teams who build it
Do you tick the first check box of opportunity?
Sustainable power and control
Monetising IP without a patent
Production deal structures
Asserting power in corporation distribution deals
Blind side events
Doomsday sales strategies you’re using now
What people pay a premium for
Triggering network effects
Identifying deal targets
Commanding high value deals
Progressing deals to execution
Live deal structure from concept to proposition
Response to expect from investors
The investor value exchange
Investor success metrics and portfolio thinking
Creating exit value
How to talk to investors
Going global without leaving home
Evaluating an offshore community
International trade fairs
Global relationships and commitment
After watching the full Lecture Series (10 episodes) you will increase your capacity to:
- Explain the fundamental relationship between invention and entrepreneurship.
- Distinguish an idea from a viable opportunity by performing an opportunity evaluation.
- Assess your personal alignment to a specified opportunity and understand the psychological challenges of entrepreneurship.
- Navigate the entrepreneurship ecosystem and increase your social capital.
- Analyse your market and industry to design an unfair competitive advantage for your new venture.
- Design a financial model that demonstrates your venture is capable of reaching a $50m exit valuation.
- Establish a focused support network spanning strategic, personal and tactical teams.
- Illustrate understanding of intellectual property and legal strategies.
- Identify resource gaps and execute deals to secure these resources.
- Develop market adoption and high growth strategies.
- Evaluate risk and devise mitigation strategies.
- Confidently pitch a value exchange to existing and potential stakeholders.